Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Explorations: Top 10


Berlin, Germany




Sony Center in Berlin
Having had a chance to visit the Sony Center a few years ago, it is honestly an amazing place. All of these buildings are arranged in a way to create a plaza in between them that is roofed by this steel and cloth structure.




Philip Johnson's Kreeger Museum
The former residents of the Kreeger Museum are distant relatives of mine and, upon finding out that Philip Johnson was the architect, I became more interested in not only this building but his other work as well.




National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, VA

Every time I drive home from school I pass this building. Set back in a small forest, I am able to see the top of the building sticking out above the trees and it never fails to catch my eye.






Old Jerusalem




Modern Apartment building lobby in Israel




Holocaust Memorial in Berlin, Germany

No comments: